Saturday, April 21, 2007

A thot that came accross my mind

Someone once told me that... ...
as we grew older, attending weddings became a norm, congratulating newly weds as your friends, cousins and acquaintances begin to settle down with their life partners here and there.
and as we grew even older, we would soon realise we are sending more condolences to people who left for heaven than congratulations. And probably, looking at obituaries may become the norm. Imagine. Looking at obituaries became looking at friendster. Trying to know how your friends have been doing. Just that it is more of knowing whether anyone you ever knew passed away.
Only now do I find it a mockery to ask such a stupid question when I was still that young innocent me so long ago...." Why would anyone read the obituaries every morning when the newspaper come?" In fact, I still remember I asked this question because I was forced to read obituaries 20minutes in my very first morning reading assembly in Peicai as that was the only thing I could borrow from a classmate out of desperation. HAHA. What an innocent me.
And yes, that Someone could be right. But it has been more of a pessimistic than optimisstic outlook as I seem to be sending much more condolences than congratulating some couple somewhere in time right now. Life is just so so so fragile. Life and death is just a fine line away.
And this freaks me to the bone whenever I think abt it.
So appreciate. Appreciate those loved ones around you. Don't take them for granted. I remind myself again and again.
Yet at the same time, I feel blessed. very blessed. And I really thank god for this. Thanks to all my loved ones for being around me. To make me feel so less alone in this world.
Thanks. =)

myChatterbox

myArchives


October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
November 2007
June 2008
July 2008
April 2010


myLinks

[Janet]
[Anisa]
[Tyng]
[Debbie]
[Kiang]
[Jianyu]
[Kwong]
[Elgin]
[Fiona]
[Angeline]


myCounter